DAellsworths

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Family Book of Rememberance

So my sister in law, Audra, put together a cool book for their family made from her blogs. It really inspired me to do the same. It costs a chunk of money to buy them, but I (and Duane) totally thinks it's worth it!
Here is ours:
Compared to hard core scrapbooker, these books are MUCH less time consuming (though it still probably took 20-24 hours to put all together) and probably cheaper too. I love that you can decorate the book just a like a scrapbook, but you can order them in bulk! So each member of our family has a copy of this book. I'll keep them stored away until the kids move out of the house. I used Mixbooks to order them since I got a $50 gift card from Groupon for only $15. I really loved the ease of using their online software although I wasn't able to directly import my blog text, I still felt like it was simple enough to use and fully customizable.

There are 90 something pages in here, so it is kinda long, but we, as a family really enjoy it!







Knowing that I will make a book at the end of each year, with the blog posts that I make, gives new meaning to my blogging. I love that we are able to have a year by year family journal.
Thanks, Audra, for the great idea!

1 comment:

  1. Dang yours looks great! Did you create any of those backgrounds yourself or were they provided by Mixbook? I checked them out but they seemed a lot more expensive than Blurb, I'll have to watch for those groupons! The only thing I wish Blurb has was more backgrounds and stuff to decorate the pages with, that's why I'm wondering if Mixbook had those or if you created them in photoshop. Your book looks super cute, good job!

    ReplyDelete