DAellsworths

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snow Tubing

I almost forgot to get these snow tubing pictures off my camera from January!
So, we really haven't had a lot of snow this year and the temperature and wind had been very mild! I consider this a great blessing! It's the first winter I haven't been to Arizona (every other winter I was in the warmth of the dessert for at least 5 weeks). I was very nervous for this winter in particular with a newborn and thought I'd feel claustrophobic being stuck inside with piles and piles of snow outside and a little baby keeping me from doing much. The most we've had at one time was about 2 inches and these pictures are from that snowfall.
Actually, just last week we were playing outside with friends in the afternoon. It feels like May. Even the locals are saying they haven't seen a winter this mild in many years. I am grateful, but I also do hope that eventually we get enough snow to enjoy it for a couple days (ideally over a weekend too... is that asking too much... lol)
So, we have this small hill in our front yard (just feet from the street) that the boys went tubing down. They had a good time. It was actually the day my mom left and William was a week old.
Here's a video of the fun times:


The boys had a blast playing out this morning and it felt good for me to get out of the house with just the boys even if it was just an hour and only 15 feet past my front door. 
With dedicating so much time to a new born (that we all of course love), it made me feel like I wasn't paying enough attention to the other boys so this snow was a good break.

   This is probably my favorite picture. There is pure enjoyment written on their faces.
 I was afraid Tristen was going to bite his tongue off because he kept sticking it out and liking his jacket.
 This last second tagging along by Tristen happened several times.



2 comments:

  1. You have the ultimate snow tube! I am jealous! Looks like so much fun :) I think we are going to "look" for snow this weekend. (should be just about an hour drive, we will see )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like best buds...do they EVER fight? It would make the rest of us moms look a little better if they fought once in a while. Just saying...:) What fun! I'm glad NY is giving you a nice mild winter!

    ReplyDelete