Ruth came into town June 21st at 1AM. We had a lot of fun while she was in town! We had things planned for each of the weekends she was here with either her (and the YSA) being out of town somewhere, or her and our family were somewhere. The first weekend she was here, we went to the Palmyra Temple. Ruth could not find her recommend to do baptisms for the dead, so instead, while Duane and I were at a session, she went to the sacred grove. She said she enjoyed her time there.
There were several other children from primary there as well, so Ruth let me use her iPod to take some pictures of them all together.
It was so nice that the Temple President
lived less than 1/4 mile from the Temple and their basement was large
and had a lot of toys and VHS movies for the kids to watch, so the
parent couples switched off babysitting and going to a session. They also had a
very big yard that opened to this pond. The kids had a great time watching and looking for frogs there. Kalvin still talks about being there.
We also made it a trip to walk to and around the temple. We talked with the children about what was happening inside the temple and they liked all the flowers.
New York has SO many parks. Really, they are everywhere and you can live in the same house for two years and still be discovering neighborhoods with great parks that are less than a 15 minute drive. I will surely miss the parks out here (but not the high taxes it must take to build and maintain them all).
Here we were playing duck, duck, goose with some friends. The girl with a bandana was a random girl who wanted to join in and the other two girls are my friend, Sommers.
Strawberry picking was a lot of fun too. There is seriously NOTHING like fresh from the vine strawberries. It's amazing and can only be understood if experienced. They tasted good warm and if they were supper red (like the kind you get from the store), they were too ripe and didn't taste as good as the ones that had a little pink.
Duane was proud of his "manly" strawberry.










Ha ha, Duanes "Manly" strawberry, to funny!! I miss the parks out there, that is sooo cool to have them all so close and divers. This makes me want to come for a visit again. Maybe we all will, before you leave... :)
ReplyDeleteThat is really special that you were able to go to the temple while Ruthie was there and she got to the sacred grove! Cool! One of these days I will go to the Sacred Grove and I am sure I will love it too!
ReplyDeleteI agree that you can not describe to anyone about how wonderful strawberries are from a strawberry patch! Truly, everyone has to experience it on their own. I couldn't eat a strawberry from the store for years and years and years, after my strawberry patch experience. Even now, strawberries are not my favorite fruit, because I know what I am missing when I am eating store strawberries! (sigh)