DAellsworths

Friday, August 5, 2011

June 2011

We had a lot of fun in June, there were a lot of projects to finish up, and, what summer would be complete without WATERMELON! I have fond memories of cold watermelon outside on hot summer day's in Arizona.

Random picture of the boys playing in a dog bed at Petsmart
(our go-to place for free fun, but mostly in the winter when we can't play outside for more than 5 minutes).
The kids really enjoy making smores and still ask if it's cool enough to make a fire yet.

 Marshmallow slime.
 We were on the way to the store when Tristen decided he was going to be grumpy in the car (I should upload the video). Duane was saying all kinds of things to get the grumpy look off his face. I think the trigger word was ice cream.

 Soon, I hope Duane starts reading the Calvin and Hobbe series to Kalvin. I remember being pregnant and having Duane read them to me. I dreamed of the day when Duane would do this with our boy, Kalvin. (Here is a drawing of Calvin and Kalvin)



Have I ever mentioned my dislike for laundry? It seems I feel a need a lot of times to take a picture of it before, so afterward I can see how much work I really accomplished.

 Shouldn't keep things out on the counter, Mom. Tristen will dump to them.
I don't know what other parents will let their kids do this...



It was great that Duane was home one day when it hailed because he enjoys the rain/hail and storms just as much as the rest of us.
 With hail this size, we were a little afraid it may damage our car, but thankfully, there was no visible damage in the end.
 Since Duane ran out to snatch up some hail, Kalvin and Tristen wanted to as well.
 Tristen looks like a little who baby to me here.

 The health department had been breathing down our backs to get some potential "lead" risks taken care of in our home so we spent one weekend ripping down the ceiling on our porch. Duane did the hardest and dirtiest part, but I put in my fair-share of work as well cleaning up everything he took down.


The day I finished cleaning up the mess in the porch (all that wood you see on the floor), Ruth came to town (at 1AM)!

Next, post, fun things we did while Ruth was here (but just the month of June's activities). Kalvin made this paper chain for Ruth's coming out here.

Dad, you have to follow the link at the end of this email to be able to watch the videos I posted on the blog.


1 comment:

  1. I love every summer because of the yummy watermelon. I have 3 watermelon in my pantry right now, just waiting to be cut open! I love watermelon!
    Wow! That hail is huge! I don't know that I have ever seen hail so big! I am glad that you were all safe inside when it was falling!
    I love the whole paper chain idea! Especially with young children. It really gives them a sense of understanding how far away an event is!
    I love the Kalvin and Calvin drawn in the dirt! I would love to be a fly on the wall when Duane was reading the Calvin comic book to him.
    What a fun Mom you are to make smores over a little camp fire. The boys look like they are enjoying themselves so much!

    ReplyDelete