It was my Bday yesterday. It was a lovely, relaxing day! Duane let me sleep in till after 8 then we had church at 10 and I was lazy the rest of the day. Perfect!
Last week I was surprised to get a birthday package from my sister, April. It's always nice to go get the mail, not expecting much more than bills or an occasional Netflix movie, to find box addressed to me from my sis. She had hinted at the fact she was sending something, but I didn't know when it was coming. Anywho, it was time for Tristen's nap, so I put him down and then Kal and I opened the package to find 9, way cute, hair clips! It was so fun to go through each one because she had clipped each one to a notecard. Each clip had a unique name and a description about the flower. It was just so fun to go through them all. Kalvin enjoyed it as well and I asked him to take a picture with me wearing each clip.
Beware, we were using the worlds worst camera to take these, but take a look. Who wears it best?!
Black Beauty
Butter Brickle (makes me want some Mesa Frozen Yogurt!!!)
Vintage
Out of Ideas
Pink Belly
Pink Pearlz
80's Madness
Tropical
And my fav., Turquoise Treasure!
So, several months ago I sent April an old turquoise purse of mine and asked if she would make me a hair clip from it. After a few months of not hearing anything, I decided the idea had been a flop and that it was never going to happen. Well, here is my old turquoise purse in a hair clip. April let me know that the stone in the middle is from a ring that she made in high school. Way cool!
Thanks April for the birthday surprise! I love them and have worn a clip every day since I got them in the mail last week! (Including to the wedding I shot over the weekend)!P.S. Don't mind the sauce under my lip in every photo...









Those are so cool! I am totally jealous! Glad you got to relax on your birthday :)
ReplyDeleteHey! You both look darling in ALL of them. Thanx so much for posting that Angie, it really made my day. I really am glad that you like them (even if you are just saying it to make me feel good) I am just glad they are all appreciated, and that you are actually wearing them!!!
ReplyDelete'Im glad you and Duane had a great relaxing weekend. That is how birthday's should be :)
P.S. Sorry again for taking forever to get you the "purse" hair clip. It really was never forgotten, i'm just bad with my priorities :( However, you have it now :)
KEEP ROCKIN' THOSE THOSE CLASSY HAIR PIECES!!!
So stinkin' cute April , very adorable!
ReplyDeleteAngie Stratton loved looking at these pictures and I think you look adorable but Stratton claims Kalvin wears it the best :)
I am glad you had a great birthday you deserve it!
April is genious! I love love it! i'm a little jealous too.
ReplyDelete