DAellsworths

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Snow

So, my Dad's been asking to see pictures of the snow.
Here is a before and after of our backyard.
This one was taken less than a month ago (I think Kalvin took this picture):

These were taken yesterday and today:

If you can't really tell, the snow is ad the bottom of my knee here (standing in the backyard where the snow hasn't been touched in weeks).
 The line on his forehead is when he was trying to tight rope walk on the broom stick from our couch to our tall table chair (about a week ago), then he slipped and fell hitting his head square on the chairs corner of the seat and the lower left spot under his chin, is a cold sore. fun.
 There doesn't seem to be anywhere to put the snow that keeps coming. It's piled about 4 feet in some places of our front yard and a friend who's front yard is a little smaller (less room to put the accumulating snow), is burying their "for sale" sign to their house (all you can see is the real estate company name). 

The plowed snow on our street is even higher, I'd say it's about 10 feet tall!






 Basically, there's lots of snow out here and we mostly stay inside and cook, unless we're at the grocery store buying more food to cook (I'm just stretching my stomach for the cruise Duane and I are going on in March).

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow! It makes me cold just looking at it! I do not envy you! I look forward to you enjoying some Arizona weather soon!
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to build some snow caves! I've never done it, but Justin says that they actually keep you warm...
    I would definitely stay inside and cook all day if that was what it looked like outside. No wonder you are coming to stay a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY FREAKIN' COW!!!

    I can not even imagine being there! I would be soooo miserable! I Hate hate HATE being cold. You should hear me complain about the weather here, its ridciulous. The snow there looks like it would be fun for about a day. I don't know how you handle it.... maybe thats why the frequent trips to AZ?

    You got some way cool pictures though :) of coarse, you always do :) I love the before and after of the shed out back. And the one with you standing in it is cool too.

    Poor Kalvin, he is such a dare devil... the tight rope thing sounds like something I would have tried when I was little. Don't you hate it when you want to get cute pictures of your kids.... and then you look at them and realize that is not going to work because they have a bruise from the and a scratch from that, etc.

    ReplyDelete