DAellsworths

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Monster Truck Racing

So, my dad took the boys to the Monster Truck Racing several times growing up and I always thought I was missing out on something spectacular till just over a week ago. Okay, so it wasn't a total flop, but for $70 to get our family in, and it being the Thunder Nationals, I was REALLY bummed!

1. There was way too much down time. (which makes #2 worse).
2. The guy announcing everything did not have ONE single original joke. They were all too old for Kalvin to understand, too lame for any teenager to enjoy and just plain old cheesy to Duane and I.
3. Tristen would not keep his ear plugs on and eventually just broke them so Duane and I got to force them on his ears.
4. The track was made out of cement (Duane was not too fond of that idea), (though that's also a plus since I'm very sensitive to dust--it gives me migraines).
5. There was no competition, everyone loved Grave Digger the most and he always got the spotlight (and the most points).

Probably the best part of the night was
1. Eating at Chili's before with our buy one get one coupons 
2. Driving home (while Duane pretended to be in a monster truck of his own).
3. Watching Kalvin's face of shock when we first walked in and saw a truck jumping.

I would have to say that Kalvin was captivated, but I totally underestimated how loud the room was going to be.

Anyway, here are the pictures:

Don't ask about Tristen's hair, I really don't rmember why we ended up doing it so crazy.

 Grave Digger stealing the show.

 Time to go home?

2 comments:

  1. Truly, I think you were the most amazing wife and Mom ever to arrange for this trip! It was so kind of you to consider what your family would enjoy like that! You're a true sport!

    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha!!! I can't stop laughing at that last picture of Kalvin! He looks absolutely miserable! Poor guy :( I really do feel bad for him!

    I don't remember it being that loud at the monster truck races. maybe its the concrete...?

    At least you know to never go do that again...

    ReplyDelete