The moment I finished saying the prayer, Kalvin said, "Mom, you did not bless everything!" so I quickly picked up where I left off and finished with a nicer and more thoughtful prayer.
Just after finishing, Kalvin said, "I'm so proud of you, Mom."
Oh how I dread the day when Kalvin stops giving those kind words to me. I'm sure he'll always be there to remind me of what I'm not doing right, but I'm one who needs to hear words of affirmation.
As hard is it may get for me when Kalvin's older (a teenager who doesn't want to be home and yearns for his own independence), I hope I can listen to his actions and be there for him when he needs it (especially if his words are in contrast than what he really needs).
P.S.
I'm still not sure if Kalvin is 100% innocent in this occurrence. What do you think?


I'm with you. I think Kalvin might have had something to do with yogurt way back on the top of Tristen's head. My guess is that Tristen was enjoying his yogurt very much and wanted it to go into his mouth with an accidental drop here and there onto his pants and shirt front. I can see in the picture that Tristen is still eating away at his yogurt. However, I can imagine that Kalvin on the other hand could easily start thinking about how fun it would be to put yogurt on top of "baby's head" and maybe a little on his arm also. Notice that the yogurt is on Tristen's right arm. That is the arm that Tristen holds his spoon in. If Tristen would have put the yogurt on his own arm, it would be on his left arm.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun for Mommy to clean up!!! Kalvin looks so inocent in the picture. How does he do that????????????
Kalvin really is a sweetheart. He's wonderful at helping us all to feel good about ourselves. His Daddy and Mommy have set a great example for him in this area, and he has taken it all full stride!
ReplyDeleteDavid is eleven and he still will come up and give me a hug and kiss mulitple times throughout the day! I understand what you say when you express how you never want such a wonderful thing to go away! I think you have many, many years to enjoy Kalvin's youthful joy, enthusiasm and compliments before they are gone for just a few years, sure to return in adulthood! But who knows, you may be one of the blessed parents that has a child that doesn't lose his desire to verbally share his love even during his teen years! Angie, you were one of those teenagers. You were very sweet and kind to your Mother as a teenager. You could have a son that does the same for you! It could happen!
Love always and forever,
Mom