For all the naggers out there: accept who you are and continue with your role. Sometimes I strongly dislike being the nagger in our family and so I will periodically (like last night) wait as long as I can to not nag. In the end, if I don't say what I want to say (and nag *a little), I just become more and more frustrated.
I would encourage you (the nagger) to talk to whomever it is you feel you nag to let them know of your nagging feelings and it may surprise you how much better you feel when the naggie (or the one you nag) tells you that it's alright that you're the nagger because they need a nagger in their life.
Today, I am a proud nagger and have accepted my role in my family.
(Word to the wise: do not let your nagging get out of control (like I feel my nagging sometimes is) and practice patience after a nag (even if it's just a little nag).
Angie, you are hilarious! Yes, share your feelings! Let us know how you feel! It is a healing process to be able to share! Especially when the naggie listens and accepts your request for change. But even if not, your voice has been heard and that has to be a good feeling. I love the concept that two people can agree, to disagree!
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Mom
So funny I am honestly laughing out loud! I want to hang this post on my fridge so David will know my nagging is only out of Love.
ReplyDelete