DAellsworths

Sunday, December 5, 2010

1st Counselor in Primary

I have a testimony of Heavenly Father knowing our individual situations. Three weeks ago I was called to be the first Counselor in the Primary Presidency. Besides the President, I am the only person in the Presidency. Two days after the Primary President and I were called, she left out of town (for the rest of the year!). It will have been 6 weeks by the time she gets back Dec. 28.

I have learned a lot in the last few weeks. Until today the old Primary President was still in charge (it was Sis. Malouf, the friend I often speak of). So, today was my first Sunday to be in charge. Duane is working a 24 hour shift today so I was the Lone Ranger with the kiddos as well. I was very nervous. I felt like there were a million things I wanted to do and say and prayed that what needed to be portrayed would be. I feel the day went marvelously. Tristen sat on my lap quietly almost the entire sacrament meeting while I thought of all the things I wanted to talk to the children and new leaders about and Kalvin played quietly. I forgot to change the batteries in the clock in primary, but as I started opening exercises, I looked at the clock to see that it was working and on time (and just after church was over I again looked at the clock to see that it had stopped working!). I was able to talk with the new teachers and plan for next Sunday, when I'll be out of town (how sad is that?! The whole Primary Presidency will be gone though we've had the Branch Presidents wife down there to help out the last couple weeks and she will be in charge next week).

I know that I was blessed today with strength to fulfill those things the children and new leaders needed.

P.S. I love the Albany 2 Branch!

4 comments:

  1. Angie, I am so glad your first day as acting president went so well. What a blessing! The Lord's tender mercies were with you. The clock was just one more evidence of God's love. Thank you for sharing! I love you, Ange!

    Love always and forever,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, thanks for sharing. I'm sure you are a great 1st counselor! I'd have you as my sidekick any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so Great , what an exciting calling . I know you will do so Awesome in the Primary Presidency. Thanks for sharing , what a cool experience. Heavenly Father really does know us and is watching out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. You are amazing! I'm so glad you are so positive. It makes me want to be positive about my stressful church calling. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete