Why is it that [what seems to be] every night I feel guilty that I haven't enjoyed my children enough during the day? Does anyone else feel that way???
The last month or so I've been worrying that in 14 years from now when Kalvin is 17 and Tristen is 15 I'm going to be so sad I didn't enjoy them enough as children. I feel that I do get to play with them a fair amount, but I could be better; really. I am guilty of relying on Blues Clues, Bob the Builder and ipod games to fill Kalvins time while Tristen naps rather than playing or doing school work with him so I can have some time to work on my clients photos. There are some days that I take the first 30 minutes of Tristens nap time to do school work with Kalvin or to read him books or build forts, etc, but Tristen naps much longer than 30 minutes. I can foresee Kalvins future of being a video game or TV adict, seriously.
This video is just perfect for me. I really need to be better at "being there" for my kids. I'll be happier, we'll be closer and they'll be happier.
Parenting: Touching the Hearts of Our Youth
I feel that way pretty much every night when the kids are in bed! As it turns out, it takes effort to enjoy motherhood. I always just thought it would come naturally, but it doesn't. Given the amount of whining, pooping, crying, and fighting (when they are older) this shouldn't have been a surprise for me. You do have to constantly remind yourself to make special moments, look your children in the eye when they are rambling their nonsense stories to you, and take the time to sit back and watch them rather than do your own thing the moment they start to entertain themselves. You are not alone! Thx for the video link!
ReplyDeleteI also watched this video , it was a great reminder to me as well. Trust me Angie you are definitely not alone. By the way Angie thanks for the text today that was really sweet. Love you guys and miss you .
ReplyDelete