DAellsworths

Monday, August 9, 2010

I've never been so excited to do the dishes!

Last night Duane installed a dishwasher and garbage disposer and it's running it's second load as I type! It's the first of either washer or disposer this house has ever seen. We've actually had the dishwasher since before we bought the home, but didn't make time to install it till this weekend. Over the last couple weeks I've been finding activities, other than dishes, to do with my time and so the idea of getting them installed sooner than later, naturally presented itself. My only regret is that we didn't do it earlier. REALLY?! What were we thinking waiting this long? Just last week, I had waited so long to do the dishes there was mold growing on some of them and it took me 1 hour and 12 minutes to finish them! Since that day I hadn't done any dishes till last night and it took us 10 minutes to fill the dishwasher with 3/4 amount that had taken me over an hour to do! This really frees up a lot of time!
All-in-all, it took about 8 hours to get both in (a couple of which Mike, a friend from church, was helping). Duane and Mike really had a great time working together (or at least all the laughs they shared made it sound that way). I was in the other room working on a clients pictures, when they really started on the project Thursday night. I remember hearing a loud crash and "SHIII!!" immediately followed by a big belly laugh from Duane.

They were having a hard time getting the drain to the old sink out nicely, so Mike gladly took the grinder it.


I don't have any pictures of the in-sink-erator, but just know that it's awesome (and quiet because Duane wouldn't have anything that's too noisy). 

 The dishwasher is fairly small (as is just about every other appliance in our kitchen to allow as much counter and cabinet space as possible) and will suit us just dandy.

 You can see the dishwasher protrudes from the current cabinets, but when we do choose to get new cabinets, it will fit perfectly and with a cabinet face to make it blend in. 









Now, if I could just buy an automatic clothes folder I'd be set!
















4 comments:

  1. What's with the volume not working on my videos lately?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! congratulations on your dishwasher. Dang isn't there some way to create more space in your kitchen? When you remodel can you put in an island or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief , I bet you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audra, we just got a very small mobile island on CL, (18" deep and 24" wide). I'm afraid if we got anything bigger it'd get in the way. It has helped quite a bit. It fits all our pans (that were previously just sitting on top of the stove)
    and silverware.

    ReplyDelete