DAellsworths

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

As good as it's gonna get (for now)...

With much guidance from my sister, April, the living and dining room have been put together. There are a few things left to do, like FINALLY getting pictures on the walls and painting the one wall that's red in the living room to the tan that the rest of the room is (the red wall clashes with the maroon(ish) couches). 

BEFORE:

From this angle you see the living room from the front door and into the dining room as well. 
AFTER:
What we did: took down wallpaper, patched walls, painted walls, put up crown molding, took out 70's carpet, sanded floors, refinished floors with varnish, put in a ceiling fan, updated outlets to three prong. 

No, Kalvin was not in time out, just watching Over The Hedge on Duane's laptop. The door on the right is the front door.

 Love our Monte Carlo, Aledo fan! It's contemporary, yet not so much so that it's squared off. 
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Though not pictured here, we still have the curtains shown above, but I haven't decided if I'd like to put them back up. To me, they're really not horrid looking, but not quite ready to iron them and put them back.

I can hardly wait put pictures up! And I even know which ones I'm just trying to figure out which ones for which walls and if I should buy something a little more expensive like a canvas gallery wrap that I can use for advertisement :-)





 Our dining room light isn't all that bad looking, but it doesn't belong anymore since we've been updating all the other light fixtures. Someday we're gonna find a nice (inexpensive) dining room light to replace this one. :-)


Well, I'm very excited about our house coming together. Next home project (after getting pictures up) will be the attic. Duane has been hard at work researching AC options as our home has no central air (though the one window unit in the dining room works quite nicely).


7 comments:

  1. HOLY COW ANGIE!!!!! The house looks awesome! Sorry I couldn't help you clean it. It seriously looks sooooo good. I can't even believe it. How do you like the new furniture arrangement in the living room? I think it looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie! Wow! What a difference between before and after. The floors look fantastic! That's a nice throw rug in the living room. The house looks immaculate! I don't see dust or even a crumb on the floor. Rachel is wondering how you got your house that clean! The dining room table looks really nice! I personally like the look of the living room windows without the curtains. Well done, Angie!
    I can't wait to see the pictures you put on your wall, in my opinion that will be the very best part of your decorating. Your pictures will be your greatest personal touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang you two have been so busy! Gosh Angie it must feel amazing that you are just about finished. You guys have done awesome I love the before and after pictures. I have to agree with your Mom I like the living room windows without the curtains as well! You guys did a GREAT job...Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Not even like the same house as before, I'm excited to come see it in person sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Angie that looks amazing!! All your really hard work was worth it...I honestly don't think I would be that ambitious but you were and it really paid off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are an amazing team - your home is beautiful. Do you love to just walk through the house now and see all your hard work paying off? : ) Congrats to Dr. Ellsworth on surviving his internship year! We hope the ride gets a little smoother from here on out. Thanks for letting us take a peek into the fun things your family is up to, we miss hanging out in the desert with you guys. Take care!
    Petersons

    ReplyDelete