DAellsworths

Friday, July 16, 2010

My baby is 3!!!

Kalvin is:
Energetic
Cool
 Goofy
Smart
He colored in each circle from left to right to match the colors of the rainbow starting with red.
Loving 
Here he is rubbing Daddy's feet.
Cute 
Seldom Grumpy
Kalvin did NOT want to leave the Mall. This is a pic during one of his very few melt downs. It was almost scary how crazy he was being. I left pushing the stroller with Tristen in it with one hand and carrying Kalvin like a football in other. At first I was very upset with the situation, but by the time I got to the truck I was laughing cause I could hardly believe what was happening.
Self Sufficient
Put his shirt on by himself (his shirt is on backwards) I really should be better at helping learn those things.
BTW, the contraption he's holding is about the coolest invention ever! He got it from a friend at his birthday party and it vacuums up bugs and then has a magnifying glass on top for you to see your bug (here you can see the grasshopper he caught).
Mischievous
While I wasn't looking Kalvin tried to open his birthday cake box by himself and must not have been able to get the top off, so he tipped the whole thing upside-down to take the bottom off instead. Bad idea... though it didn't get too squashed when it fell upside-down.
Going to be a GREAT missionary
 Kalvin is contstantly telling everyone about the things he loves or things that are special to him. One example is when we were at the grocery store picking up his cake, I had picked out a number three candle to go on top and I think it really hit home that he was having a party that day and he began singing the Happy Birthday song to himself throughout the store. One woman found particular interest in this and they struck up a conversation. He told her how he was having a birthday party and she got excited for him. Then he invited her to come to it and she said she'd love to. She left smiling.

 Another story is from church. Duane had drawn a depiction of a truck Kalvin likes to play with (as seen on left) and got so excited about the drawing he began walking from person to person on our row showing everyone this drawing he was so proud of. He showed about 3 rows of families (on each side of the isle) before I couldn't stand him disturbing others anymore and sent Duane after him. He would have showed the whole world if Duane hadn't stopped him. I hope I don't crush this confidence in himself and of sharing with others what is special to him.

We had a great time at Kalvin's birthday party. Here was the invite we quickly put together:
 
We started with the idea to have hamburgers for dinner then after looking at prices of meat we decided to have burgers and dogs and after looking over our growing guest list, decided to have hot dogs only... what can I say; WE'RE CHEAP!
I am so grateful to have a next door neighbor who took the initiative to help all the kids with the meal. 
 We played Pin the Candle on the Cake (I swear some of those kids were peaking...)
 Kalvin is hiding behind the pinata here. There were about twice as many girls as there were boys, but we had a great time!
I actually got the pinata months ago and Kalvin has continued to ask about it so he was WAY ready to get in there with the bat.
 Tristen was excited for a turn though he didn't know quite what to do with the bat.
 I love how Kalvin looks like he's going to kill the pinata.

 Duane got this gun for Kal. It's a nice sturdy one (his old one broke and he's been begging for a new one so Duane broke down and got a nice one). Kalvin loves it!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun party you had! You have two of the most adorable little boys. How blessed you are! I know they can sure be a handful sometimes. They keep you busy and sometimes exasperated, but at the end of the day, when it's calm and they are sleeping, you can smile and say, "I am so blessed to have Kalvin and Tristen as my sons! They bring so much joy into my life!"
    And truly I feel so blessed to have Angie as my daughter, Duane as my son-in-law and Kalvin and Tristen as two of my sweet, loveable grandsons. I love you all! Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty cool party, I'm guessing that is your attic where the pinata part was? Did you have that spray foamed or was it already done when you bought the house?

    Happy Birthday Kalvin, you sweet handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, what a great party . We miss the parties that Duane and you throw , they are always lots of fun. We need you back in AZ , love you guys! Happy Birthday Kalvin

    ReplyDelete