DAellsworths

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

His last day!

Today was Duane's last day as an intern at the hospital! He and I are both very excited to leave behind the long hours and countless lonely nights away from each other when he was on-call and slept over night at the hospital. 
This month of June has probably one of the hardest months so far. Every 3 days he alternated from short call (6:45 AM to 9:00 PM) to long call (6:45 AM to 10:00 AM the next day). He's been such a trooper and NEVER complains! What an example that is to me and all of us.
As he was leaving this morning I snapped a couple pictures of him on the bike he rides to work everyday.
He has worked so hard this year. You know, I think it's hard at home without him (especially when getting the kids fed and to be at night), but he's had it MUCH worse. Really, this first year as an intern has been unlike anything he's experienced in his life. He's been given many responsibilities



So, next blog post I will be explaining my long absence. FYI, it has to do with my sister being out here for 3 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Duane , you have done such a GREAT job! I can count so many times when I look at you and think how GREAT of a Dad and Husband you are to Angie and the Kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys will have some time together. Good job Duane!

    ReplyDelete