DAellsworths

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What matters most?

House projects have consumed ever spare second of my life for the last 3 weeks. My mom flew out to help one week ago and though the projects are still unfinished we have got a lot more done with her here, for sure.
The day my mom flew out, I received word that my sister-in-law prematurely gave birth to her little boy (10 weeks early). He's just a little guy weighing in at 3 lbs, 9 oz. and has had his ups and downs during his few days here on earth. It's been killing me not to be there to help out with her 2 year old as her baby is in the NICU. When I had my second child everything was so much more time consuming. I can't even comprehend what she must be feeling with a baby in the NICU and a Mamma's Boy 20 month old begging for the attention he's use to. After talking with my sister in law Marisa today, I couldn't get her situation off my mind. I wanted so badly to be with her in this time of need and decided I really need to fly out there to help her. My mom was scheduled to leave tomorrow anyway, so we'll be flying out with her in the morning.
All these house projects have seemed so important until now.
Marisa, I know you told me that I'm crazy for coming out and that you'll be okay, but I am coming.
So, what matters most? Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment