So, this house is a lot of work. I underestimated how time consuming everything would be (with two kiddos on the side). Sadly, I feel that lately it has become such that the kiddos have been on the side instead of a priority. I desperately want the carpet out the house and in order to do that had to remove the wallpaper, and then the adhesive underneath and of course patch all the crackes in the corners, the holes, and scratches that were hidden under the paper. All that info is on the blog I created for our home: http://34marwoodst.blogspot.com/ It'll have posts about our projects. I'll definitely have some pics of projects on here as well since these projects are very much apart our everyday lives right now. So, for those who'd like to get email updates on that blog, let me know and I'll have them forwarded to you via email.
Lucky bamboo from the woman at the bank who helped us so much in getting this home.

It's in our kitchen window sill (hope it doesn't freeze...)

Duane in his working zone, mudding the corner of because there was a nasty crack.
You can see he's chalky white from sanding all day.

I already lose all skin color in the winter anyway, but after sanding I almost look like a ghost.

Don't worry, it's unplugged.

Duane let Kal have a try at mudding walls (and wiped it off later)

He couldn't be more happy with the chore.

One of our next projects will be to scrub lead paint chips off the window sills before repainting them.


And yesterday I came home with over $200 in paint for the house! Yikes, was that a chore picking out all the colors... I put all the paint in the cab of the truck with me, and when I opened the door to get it and the baby out...
It fell.

This was going to be the master bed color... now it'll be a single wall in the master bed.
Duane laughed all the while cleaning up my mess.

We've found some time to get out and see the sun.

And one of Tristen in our neighbors girl clothes, just for good measure.

Several members in the branch have been key to our productiveness through all the work, whether coming to help scrub the walls, or bringing food (several times), watching the kiddos, etc.
Oh houses are so much work! But so exciting when it's your own finally. Can't wait to see how it progresses!
ReplyDeleteThat's really sweet you let Kalvin mud up the wall. I don't know if I ever would have let my kids do that...maybe I need to loosen up a little!
Kal is here and very active, if he weren't mudding the walls with us, we'd soon find him doing something we really don't like. For instance, the other day, I went downstairs to do some laundry and on my way back up I saw water dripping down to the basement and Tristen was crying pretty hard. Kal had found the roller paint brush and was painting water ALL over a wall in the dining room (and probably dumping) and when I picked Tristen up he was freezing. Kal had left ice cream on the ground and Tristen had rolled over in it. It was all over his neck and down his back.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a brave/cool mom to let Kalvin help so much. I'd probably be too afraid of the mess. Can't wait to see pics of your home when you guys are done - I'm sure it will look terrific!!
ReplyDelete