DAellsworths

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oct 2012 till Grandpa Dean's Birthday

Grandma and Grandpa Ellsworth have long and shallow steps on their stairs. This makes them a little less scary when babies crawl up since their fall is softer and slower. Tristen loved climbing them while we were in Arizona. It made me think of when we were living there 4.5 years ago and Kalvin climbed them. Compare the photos.


William, Oct 2012
Kalvin, April 2008
William
Kalvin, (why is it that the skinniest boys are the fatest babies?)
 We made Costco run for Grandpa Dean's birthday party and I noticed Kalvin and Stratton with their arms around each other in the cart so I had to capture it.
 Then I asked them to smile. Kalvin...
 William was so curious about this bunny.

  And Tristen loved it.
 We made Grandpa Dean this picture with all the grandkids. They each held a letter to spell, "We love you grandpa!" The kids enjoyed seeing themselves on the photo.
 I loved how they were all huddled around Grandpa to look at it.

 While at Costco, Duane got this gingerbread kit for the kids to decorate.





Grandpa Dean turned 80 while we were visiting back West (it was the main reason we made the trip out there). I think Disneyland was planned since we'd be coming out for the party. 

Audra and Justin put many hours of work into this party, planning it and with the help of all the siblings and their wives, it went off without a hitch. Audra had hired a band to come play during, her neighbor volunteered to come give horse rides, Marisa put together a photo booth with props that turned out so fun. Marisa also did the decorations. She is very talented with her creativity. I helped Marisa with things too.

I think everyone had a great time and Dad was thoroughly surprised. He repeated many times that he has never been so surprised in his life. I think a few tears welled up in the kids and Dad's eyes as the band in the background played happy birthday to dad as he came in.

Testing out the photo booth backdrop with this little cutie.

I laugh at Kalvin's poses. With the midriff showing... too funny.



 My dad had just finished a treck with the stake that he was in charge of and was home maybe long enough to take a shower before heading over. I was impressed that he made it after having been gone for so long. I did a double take with the beard he'd grown. I don't know that I've ever seen it so long.



  To give an idea of what the booth looked like:
 Aunt Margie put this together.
 The newest cousin, Brinley.







 DJ read all the cards that were written by the guests who shared memories of Grandpa. It was pretty fun to hear and I think Grandpa enjoyed it.















2 comments:

  1. You always take the best pictures Angie! Thanks for posting some of the ones with my family I made sure to save them to my computer . I have way too much fun when you guys come to Az. I swear I could sit and talk with you for hours and never run out of things to talk about . Your GREAT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, thanks for sending these wonderful pictures! It tells such a wonderful stor of joy and fun with family!

    I was surprised how much William and Kalvin looked alike when they were babies!!1

    ReplyDelete