DAellsworths

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

William's Photo Shoot!

So these pictures are a little old maybe, but I've been kinda tired and out of it lately... 

Let's see, William was 3 days old in these pictures. I took them while the rest of the family were at church. I spent about 2 hours prepping and getting the shots, but he never really fell asleep, the little stinker! After 2 hours we were both pooped and took a 30 minute nap together till everyone came home from church.


 The day after I took the above pictures, a friend in the branch gave me some knitted photo props. Fun! I had to try them in a shoot as well. I took these pictures at 8 days old and again he would NOT fall asleep. I took them during Tristen's nap the day after my mom went home.

  
I felt bad because Kalvin was with me and wanted to be included in the session as well (either with being in the pictures or using the camera to take the pictures), but I really just wanted to get photos of the baby. I did let him in some of the pictures when he'd beg, basically. 

Me+Tired=Not a Patient/Nice Mom



 Trying to comfort a sad baby... ah...
 Kalvin actually did a good job getting this shot of William and I.
 We love little William! He is a good baby, really and I don't have much to complain about. His record so far for night time sleeping was just a couple nights ago. He went 6 hours at 2 weeks old, wahoo! He usually sleeps at least 4 hours at first at night and then wakes up close to 3 hours later twice before getting up for the morning (about 1.5 hours). I'm extra hopeful that he will continue his good sleeping patterns. He is fairly content during the day as well and doesn't mind his brothers running around the house making lots of noise (Grandma Mickelson is a witness of how loud they really are...).

He's naturally fallen into a pattern of waking up in the evenings, then I give him a bath about 8 when the other boys go down to bed and then I nurse him before he goes to bed around 9. 
He sleeps in a baby swing right next to my bed. I can easily see him and get him when he wakes up in the night. Duane seems to be doing alright at night with William waking up. I get him up before he's full out crying so we are fairly quiet. 

Kalvin loves his new brother and is usually the first on scene to help put the binky in his mouth or find anything out of place that he can help with. Tristen is getting more use to sharing Mommy. He woke up pretty grumpy a couple times from naps and upset that I was holding the baby and not him.
Sadly, the boys watch more cartoons with mom being preoccupied with sleeping in the mornings or feeding the baby.

Well, baby's up and ready to eat, gotta run!

2 comments:

  1. awww! to have three children.... Im not sure how i feel about that yet :/ for myself I mean. Kudos to you though!!! :)

    The pictures you took turned out great! I love the knitted props as well, wish I knew how to make those.

    Im glad he is good for you, not to many things better than a content new born :) let me know if I can help with anything. (probably not cause im a million miles away BUT it is nice to offer right? And who knows, maybe you will think of something.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are adorable but I had to laugh because I could totally picture just how little William's photo shoot went . We were just there taking Charlotte's and it is much more time consuming and tricky taking your own babies pictures then others . I couldn't believe it ...
    I think Kalvin adds a lot to the pictures and shows just how much he loves his new baby

    ReplyDelete