DAellsworths

Thursday, January 26, 2012

2 VS 3

So I should have added this to the last post, but I published it too quickly since I was in a rush to get up to the baby.

It's interesting that I feel the transition from 2 to 3 is easier than from 1 to 2, in that I haven't had the baby blues like I did with the others. At least so far...

I'm trying to figure out why.
Is it because
1. My mom was here for 2 weeks helping to get the house in order for little William to come and then helping so much after he came? (And she basically potty trained Tristen before leaving to go back to AZ!)
OR
2. Because the Relief Society in the branch set up and had 9 people bring us dinner after my mom went home?!
OR
3. All our friends out here have been great at checking in to see how we're doing and being thoughtful to take the boys here and there?
OR
4. A great husband who is mindful of being helpful by getting dinner together some nights and to help get the boys ready for bed if I'm feeding the wee one?
OR
5. Kalvin who is old enough to really be a great help by getting diapers for the baby or giving him his binky?
OR
6. It being too cold outside to play so I don't feel bad not getting out?
OR
7. My primary counselors being willing to take over primary responsibilities for 3 weeks.
OR
8. That William sleeps pretty well at night (first stretch is at least 4 hours and then every 3 after that)
OR
9. That BOTH Kalvin and Tristen will watch cartoons if I am deathly tired.
OR
10. That we have a darling, healthy baby boy?

Probably a little of all of the above.
We are very blessed!
(picture taken at 3 days old)
At three weeks now, he's squeezing into this outfit. We'll probably have to retire it in the next week... :-(

3 comments:

  1. It is so great to sit down and ponder all of the blessings we have in our lives . It looks like Heavenly Father is definitely aware of your little family and is taking great care of each of you. I totally understand that 1-2 was a much harder transition then 2-3 . I love how much William has chunked out . He wasn't little to begin with but his cheeks are darling in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the "cheeks" comment. Cute cheeks he has. I'm glad the transition from 2-3 is going so well for you. It still makes me a little nervous to think about having 3 children. I'm glad your doing it first :) you can give me a ll the good advice and do's and don'ts. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you are feeling an easy transition. I still say it totally depends on the temperament of your 3rd...My 4th is much easier than my 3rd, but if they had come in the opposite order I think my 3rd would have def. been easier than my 4th! So glad you are feeling happy though, heaven knows you need it being out there in NY away from your family. Can't wait to meet little Billy Willy! I keep telling Justin that we have to plan a trip out there in Spring 2013 before you guys finish up. I'm pretty sure it will happen, I just don't think our kids will be accompanying us.

    ReplyDelete