Duane and I often mention in bed at night what great kids we've been blessed with. Sure there are moments that seem difficult with them, but I feel like our family is at a good spot where the kids don't fight too much and when they do fight, they get over it quickly.
Birthday's were always a big deal in our home growing up and I've tried to carry that tradition because it makes it fun for the kids (though I am not opposed to finding ways to save money on the party). I have fond memories of the great times I had on my special day.
So, on Kalvin's birthday, I woke him up and asked what he'd like for his birthday breakfast. I gave him several options: pancakes, waffles, buscuits, cereal. He wanted cereal, but I just couldn't let him eat that on his birthday so I talked him into waffles. Kalvin got to eat on the "Special Plate" that morning for breakfast.
For a party he wanted a pinata, and water balloons. We invited a few friends (Sonnet, Logan and Griffin) and their families and had a good time eating cheap, Little Caesars Pizza (there’s only ONE in all of Albany, so Duane had to drive a ways to save $$, and the pizza was only slightly warm by the time by it got to the park).
Tristen made everyone laugh when he got up to bat each time. He may just be a comedian some day, really.
Kalvin had a pretty good hit here, and knocked some candy out of the pinata.
Kalvin and Tristen are enjoying the candy from pinata here (and had some cute smiles).
The best I have for a group shot of the clan.
Tristen wanted to help blow out the trick candles.
Kalvin got several fun toys for his birthday from friends like: a spiderman watch, a sprinkler for the hose, a pincher that you squeeze with your hand to pick up things. Mom and Dad got him a harness for a zipline that we plan on putting in our backyard (where the clothesline is). Grandma and Grandpa Ellsworth got him a Lightning McQueen bike that he loves! Grandma and Grandpa Mickelson got him a few lace-up toys for Sunday's and, at my request, a chore chart. It's really been great to have the chart. Kalvin gets to put a smiley face for each chore he does during the day and on Saturday nights we count up how many he earned that week and is paid 20 cents per smile. Then we get to figure out how much tithing he is to pay. It's been a great motivator for Kalvin and he loves seeing that he makes money to save up for things (right now he's wanting a helicopter for about $35).
Kalvin is a great boy and I only see great things for his future. He's a great helper and is typically very obedient.













Miss those cute boys! Can't wait until you guys move back to AZ and settle close by...in Chandler ;)
ReplyDeleteWay to go for Kalvin!!! I Love all the blogging you are doing lately, SO FUN!!! I should follow in your footsteps...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see you are using the special plate! I would have loved to have been there to see the pinata busting! Kalvin looks so serious and Tristen does look like he is making every effort to make everyone laugh! They are developing there little personalities so fast!
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks really festive and yummy! Way to go, Angie!
Stratton and I are looking at all your pictures just smiling . We miss you guys so much and can't wait till November ...HOORAY!
ReplyDelete