Before:
After:
So, I'd actually been pondering getting it cut for a few months and went back and forth. I considered cutting it while Duane was away in AZ, but didn't have the guts to do it. After the new year, I just felt like I couldn't do anything with my hair anymore. I had always liked the idea of having long hair in the winter especially out here in the frigid air, but even in the cold, it was more of a nuisance than a help. When I'd hold Tristen he'd manage to always snag it just right and pull out what felt like clumps of hair at a time. I don't have much else to say about the past other than it was just IN THE WAY!
It's always been hard for me to cut much of my hair and once after high school I had it cut to what what I thought was short, but looking back now, it was still a couple inches past my shoulders.
So, for some of you, cutting your hair this much would not be hard, but for me, it was A BIG deal!
I made the final decision one night when talking to Duane about my feelings of my long hair (and how I just didn't like it) and I asked what he thought. His response, "Go for it!". From then on it I could hardly wait to get to my hairstylists house (which was still over a week away). It's been hard to hold in the "big" news from some of you family, but I thought it'd be fun for you to see in person first.
If you don't like my cut, it's okay, because you know what? I LOVE MY HAIRCUT! and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner, like years ago, sooner!
BTW, here's my guess as to what some of my family will say. First and foremost, my dad, because I know how much he loves long hair and you, dad, were a big reason it's been so hard for me to let go of my long locks, but I'm a mom now, so I guess it's time for the "mom cut".
So,
Dad: At first, he'll stare in disbelief, then after compiling himself and saying hello to the grandkids (since he'll first see me at the airport), the first words to me will be, "Hey, Butch!"
Mom:"Angie! I love it!" Followed by loud disbelief laughter.
Ruth: "Woooaah! You cut your hair! I like it!" (as she touches it's ends)
Rachel: "I can't believe you cut your hair!" 5 minutes later, "I really can't believe you cut your hair!"
Dallin: "Cool hair. Did it take you a long time to curl it?" Or if he doesn't like it, "Your hair cut makes you look..." followed by something like "fat" "like an old mom", or just something slightly unkind, though he's just being honest.
April: "Holy crap! You cut your hair! Oh my gosh! Come here!" as she nearly gives me a new style roughly combing her hands through it and moving it around.


Angie,
ReplyDeleteTruly, I do love your hair. I think it is perfect for you! It's so bouncy and light. It frames your face so nicely and it gives you a fresh, new look! Your hairstylist gave you a great cut! It is so cute, I am tempted to do the same!
Love always,
Mom
Let me just say that your haircut looks absolutely amazing! Every time I see it I want to cut my hair . It makes you look so young and vibrant. I love it!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour hair cut is super cute Angie! I have really enjoyed catching up with your sweet family via this blog. Keep up the good work with those cute boys!
ReplyDelete