DAellsworths

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Friend Valentine Party!

So, I guess I have a passion for Valentines Day (because what girl doesn't love getting things from their sweetheart on Lover's Day?). I was excited for Kalvin to enjoy the holiday as well. I first thought I'd have him make cards for all his friends and pass them out on the 14th, but a couple of weeks ago I found out my brother, Kevin would be coming home from his mission ON Valentines Day. It really was a tough decision as to whether I would miss seeing my brother come home from his mission more or to miss the Holiday with my One and Only. After a lot of contemplating and talking with Duane about it several times, I decided to get home just in time to see my brother get off the plane. I will get into Arizona Feb. 13 at 11:00 PM and Kevin will arrive the next day at 1:30 PM.
Anyway, back to Kalvin's Valentines Day. Since we were going to be in AZ for VDay, I decided it'd be fun to throw a Valentine Party with his friends, so I sent out the mass email and invited a bunch of moms and kiddos and told them to sign up for one thing to bring and/or do.
We had such a great turn out and it was a lot of fun! I loved how everyone got so involved! I know I'm going to post WAY too many pictures, but I just have to because looking at each of them just makes me happy!

We had 23 kiddos and 4 mom's in all.
While everyone was showing up, we had the children coloring 
on the freezer paper we taped to some tables.

P.S. Thank you so much to McKenzi and Candice for making the room so LOVEly! I was definitely feeling the Valentine love in that heart room!
 Tristen has recently learned to climb out of his crib and I've had a HE.. of a time trying to get him to sleep at night and then he consistently wakes up about an hour and half before he usually does. We are both VERY sleep deprived, but he more than me. (I meant to post pictures of all the trick I've tried that haven't worked, but I'm thinking that's not going to happy before tomorrow afternoon when I leave for AZ).
 Next, I lead a "Follow Your Heart" scavenger hunt around the church for those 3 and older (only about 5 stuck it out all the way), but we five had a great time together (thanks Kalvin for being such a great listener and for making me feel like you were having a grand ol' time).
Before the Scavenger Hunt, I had asked McKenzi to take lots of pictures P.S. She is an up and coming photographer. She's got a very creative eye. I'm excited to follow her work in the future.
Back to the Treasure Hunt: Our first stop was to do the Chicken Dance.

 Some followed along with the actions.
 Others were a little bashful.

 Next, we had a Find your name on the heart relay.
 "If you can hear me, touch your ear." One girl could hear me.
My attempt to get the kids excited for the race.


 Tristen would not let me put him down. No sleep for Tristen + lots of kids = Hold me mom.

 This is what three year olds look like when you ask them to close their eyes while you put something in their hands.




 Some kids really liked their hearts.
 Others loved them to pieces.

 At the end of the treasure hunt each child was able to decorate a sugar cookie. 
Let's eat some sugar cookies! My favorite were the eat candy corns, I ate lots and lots of candy corns!
Auvanel liked the chocolate frosting.

 Kalvin made two cookies and after he finished decorating them both, he came and brought one to me. We ate them together. So I'm being a little goofy in the picture, excuse that and just know he was very thoughtful to bring me one as well. Love you Kalvin!
 And finally, the Love notes! I LOVED all the boxes and basket the kids brought! They were all so unique and beautifully decorated!

 


  The party is over :-( It went by WAY too fast, but I saw smiles on kiddos faces and the moms had a great time chatting as well. I loved how it just came together so nicely. There was some work, but the workload, I feel was spread very nicely throughout for everyone to pitch in because everyone signed up for something to do or bring and each person followed through with their part perfectly. Can't wait for the party next year!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your haircut! It looks great!

    What a fun party to throw. I bet the kids really had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie this looks like so much work but so much fun. Those kids are so lucky to have you in their primary presidency. You are so fun yet a perfect example of love and spirituality.

    ReplyDelete