DAellsworths

Sunday, January 9, 2011

SNOW! from Dec. 27

So, I'm still trying to play catch up from Christmas/New Years. Two days after Christmas we had snow and lots of it; 14" in fact. We had a lot of fun playing in it and I had a good workout shoveling it before the boys woke up (that took about 1 hour). Duane was at work, so I had the fun job of getting the kiddos geared up for the 15 minute event out in the cold.


 Tristen wasn't sinking into the snow all the way.




 Kalvin experienced love at first contact when laying in the snow. He just sighed, closed his eyes and paused a moment to seemingly "take in" the moment.


 Tristen LOVES eating the snow!


I've discovered there is a logical reason for putting your pants down your boots. Until this winter I didn't totally understand (Before, I was under the impression that girls put their pants down their boots to show off the cute boots they spent lots of money on), but individuals put their pants inside their boots to keep the snow off their pants. I'm a quick one.
In this picture below my pants are literally frozen. I had Kalvin come touch them and even he said, "Mom, your pants are frozen!"


 Next time, I made the better choice of tucking my pants inside.


 Kalvin's poor lips are so chapped this time of year. They actually look good here, but most the time are worse and even bleed at times.

 Can you see the huge snowball at the top portion of the picture?
 Tristen is learning that keeping his gloves on, keeps his hands warm (though he still does not keep them on outside longer than 10 minutes.



 Maybe after all the snow melts in May I'll gain the ambition to put the Christmas lights out side away.
 While Tristen took a nap, Kalvin and I went outside for some snow time. It was nice that I didn't have to chase Tristen down the street or worry that he'd run into the street, but on the flipside, Kalvin really wanted me to join him in making a snow angel. You probably can't see it too well, but the jacket I was wearing was like velcro to the snow and I couldn't wipe the snow off after laying in it.
 Kalvin is practicing the art of making a round snowball.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Mom you are, to take the time to just go and enjoy the experience of nature! I love it and I can tell they did too! What darling pictures you have taken! I love the close-ups of their faces, the snow angels, Tristen eating the snow, how bundled up they are, the sleigh ride, etc. It is all just fun! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete