DAellsworths

Sunday, April 25, 2010

My mom taught me better than to work on Sunday...

But, today I did. Duane was working a long shift today (7AM-9PM) and we had Stake Conference, so I didn't have a primary lesson to prepare, so I went to work at the linoleum in our kitchen. It's been bothering me since we bought the house, but today I took action!!! HaHAA!
I thought it might be a nice surprise for Duane to see the linoleum gone when he comes home from work, though it could be one of those surprises that goes either way since it looks pretty bad with it gone too.
He also strongly dislikes the linoleum and often throws out comments like, "you can never tell if this floor is really dirty, but it always looks it, even after it's cleaned". Well Honey, I've come up with a way to disguise the dirt even better... (though it looks worse than it did before!)
We pulled up the linoleum!
Okay, so really we only pulled up like 1/3 of the linoleum in the kitchen and it was probably the easiest area to get to, but it took about 5 hours! I still need to scrap more at it because some of the paper under the plastic top to the linoleum is left behind... LAME!!!
Kalvin was so good to help out. He really loved being in on the action and was fairly good at it (especially for a 2 year old). It's funny that he wouldn't talk to me while I was recording. He was so concentrated on his work.

3 comments:

  1. Wearing underwear and boots, that's the best part! He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that kid is focused!! My favorite part is when he sighs towards the end- like he's at the end of a long work day. You're training him well, Angie!

    ReplyDelete