DAellsworths

Friday, April 16, 2010

All about me: It feels good to dress up sometimes.

I feel like today is my birthday or something. Duane got home from work at about 12:30 this afternoon and helped with the kiddos while I got my photography things together, till I left for my appointment at 3:00. He cleaned the kitchen, tidied the living room, and while I was gone, worked on the asbestos remnants in the basement. Now, I am at a friends house, house-watching while their kiddos are sleeping and they're out on a date. Duane is again at home with the kiddos. I love him!
As mentioned before, I've been working hard on my photography business. Today I was able to meet with my first wedding client in NY. So... I got all dressed up (well, still in jeans, but I did do my hair and put on some makeup) and went to Starbucks. She had her coffee and I had a VERY over-priced "smoothie" that I could have easily duplicated at home (it was $4.50!!!), but you know, it felt really good to get out on my own and to meet with a potential client as a professional photographer.
I don't know what it was, maybe my makeup, or hair, or maybe even what I was wearing, but she said a few times throughout our conversation, "You look so young". It was as though she was implying that I look young, but my actions show otherwise (or maybe that's just me trying to tell myself that I'm SOOOOOO mature). haha..... I never did tell her my age.
This picture doesn't give justice to just how good I looked today (taken on my cell phone).
Really, is this what I looked like?! Looking at this pic, I don't really look dressed up at all. Or maybe that it wasn't taken with my amazing camera... yeah, maybe that's what it is!
Goodness... am I really posting all this? LOL
Anyway, I am so excited to finally have a logo I'm not embarrassed about and actually, really like! What do you think? Better than my old one?

Old:

New:

In order to have business cards in time for my meeting today, I created this business card before my logo was finished.

Front:

Back:

5 comments:

  1. You look totally cute!! And I love the business card. I hope you have many more excuses to get all dressed up in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! One hott mama it's hard to believe that you have a 10 month old. You look amazing and are 100 times more incredible than you look. Duane is one lucky Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new logo! Congrats with getting a new client/wedding scheduled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, you are the cutest! Your blog has lifted me! I loved it! I think more of us women should share how good looking we feel and are. We don't do it enough! Some of us don't do it at all! I thrill that you shared how you felt so positive about yourself. We all need to say wonderful things about ourselves. We our daughters of God, created by Him and in His image. It is a wonderful tribute to Him when we celebrate our own looks!
    Your logo looks fantastic! I love your business cards. Also, I am sure that she meant that you are so mature for how young you look! You really have been able to accomplish a lot of great things, in your short life span. I love you, Angie!

    ReplyDelete