They loved it! Kalvin got real good practice on Connors tricycle, and Stratton enjoyed playing with the trucks.
We went on a walk down the dirt-road neighborhood and saw several animals: cows, horses, and of course dogs.
On the way back to the ranch, Kal decided he needed to go pee. As he was ahead of us by about a house and a half, I didn't have much control over what he was doing. He pulled down his pants and started peeing on the yellow fire hydrant in front of him. Immediately I looked around to make sure there were no neighbors and was relieved to see all was still. Really though, what is it with fire hydrants and pee? Did he see a dog do it or is there some scent that draws one to the desire to urinate on it, or was it just by chance he was standing in front of it?

So, Kal has had a really hard time going down for naps the last few days. The first day I sloughed off his nap and am still suffering the consequences. Stratton was just getting up from his own nap and Kal had been outside by himself for about 5 min. I went to check on him and upon opening the back door I sniffed a strong whiff of gasoline. I frantically looked for its origin and found Kal in the shed. He had dumped at least a gallon of gas on the floor and a few puddles of oil. I rushed him into the bathroom and had to give him 2 different baths to get the smell off. About a half our later, we went outside for the kiddos to play (under adult supervision) and I noticed Dingo (Grandma and Grandpa's dog) was wet on his lower half. Knowing how much he dislikes getting wet, I decided to investigate. Kal had dumped at least 1.5 quarts of oil on the back half the dog. I'm assuming he had done it before and I just noticed it. For 15 min. I tried to scrub out the oil using dog shampoo and the amazing Desolv-it but to no prevail.
The next day, Kal and I took a along 3 hour nap, so I let him stay up with me to go to the store that evening. I was on the phone with Duane and did not see Kal get the debit and credit card out of my wallet. He put them into the cars CD player. The next morning I was able to use tape on a CD to get them out.

Well, Tristen's awake, gotta run!

Holy cow you sure have a crazy kid on your hands!! :) He is so cute, he looks so much like you!! And your house looks so great, I am so happy for you that you found one! And even though I am sure it is a ton of work (I felt like ours was a ton of work and we hardly had to do anything!) it will be so satisfying in the end to see what you've done and how much you have increased the value of your home! Glad things are going well for you guys!
ReplyDelete