Anyway, despite a sometimes mean brother, William seems to be doing great! He will stand up and beam with pride, but he has no interest in attempting a step. For Christmas, William got a Leap Frog table that he has to stand at to play. I was hoping that would encourage him, but for now, it's just a waiting game.
Willy loves his blankie! He loves snuggling with it and instantly plops his thumb in his mouth when given his blanket, but really does not suck his thumb otherwise. His blankie is a must at nap time.
We had a good day on his birthday. It was a Saturday so Duane was here. During the day we went sledding since the weather was not as bad as it had been the whole week prior. I think the high was mid 30's. We drove a 1/2 mile up the road to the Academy school and the boys had a blast! If the main road weren't so close to the bottom of the hill I probably wouldn't have been so nervous and would have gone more myself, but Kalvin quickly learned how to stop himself (roll off) after he jumped the sidewalk and ended up a few feet from the road.
The first time Tristen went down he jumped up and yelled, "That was so fun, I can't believe it!"
Duane was on baby duty most the time while I was taking
pictures. It was pretty cold with the wind, but William tolerated the chilly weather well and didn't ever
whine.
The boys took a few spills, but didn't ever cry for long. They were having too much fun to let pain stop them from getting up for another ride down the hill.
Tristen has the winning picture of the day. He stopped himself with his face. OUCH!
That evening we got on skype with both the grandparents
and gave our starved William his cake decorated with all his favorite things, marshmallows, fruit snacks, and pretzels.
After getting over the weirdness of everyone staring and singing to him, he was in heaven with the yumminess all to himself
while we enjoyed watching him, talking to our families and eating the cake that Kalvin and Tristen decorated for us. If we couldn't be with family, at least we could see them!
I was surprised at how much he ate! He just kept going and going. I thought for sure he would stop sooner, but with a tad bit of help from Duane, he almost at the entire 1/2 a box of cake!
Then the sugar settled in and the giggles followed...
After getting all cleaned up, he showed us how he can stand!
What a fun little guy he is! We love you, William! Thank you for your smiles and snuggles when you're sleepy.































That is funny! When I saw your post, for some crazy, odd, unknown reason, I read the title as, "William's Bad Day." So, the whole time I am reading your blog, I am waiting to read about the horrible day that William had, I kept thinking, "Okay, anytime I am going to learn why William had a "bad day". But it never happened. Then I looked at the title again, and I realized that it said, "Bday." Haha.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderfully fun day! The snow and cake, and love!!! Awesome! I am glad that William is so loved!
Those are some great snow pictures!!!
That is awesome you got a picture of William standing on his first birthday!
Yea for William!!!
So cute ! I can't believe that he ate a half of a box of cake :) It is so crazy that he is one.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you in your glasses and snow gear and William is looking at you . You can tell he thinks you are his whole world . So precious.
I love William, he's the cutest thing around. Glad to see you guys are getting out and having fun in your last winter snow! I never commented on your remodel one but I'm super impressed and proud of you for taking all of that on. That's a lot of motivation! I sure hope it pays off in the end when you list your house!
ReplyDelete