We've had many family members call and text to see how we're doing today. Thanks Dad, Barbara, Ruth, Marisa, April and Vaughn!
My quick answer: We haven't blown away yet!
I hear that it looks pretty bad on the news, but Albany has yet to be effected. Tonight may bring some stronger winds with gusts up to 60 mph from what I hear on the radio. We have had very light misting sprinkles for rain today, but I understand we will have more tomorrow.
I'm still waiting for our power to go out and when it does, we will be prepared! Thanks to the multiple nudges from Mom and Dad Ellsworth and after talking about it at church yesterday, Duane convinced me that we should get a few more things at the store to be prepared. The first thing I saw on the list: beef jerky (it wasn't at the top of the list, but I did get a good laugh that it was the first thing I saw on our list of "storm necessities").
School was cancelled for Kalvin for today and tomorrow. He and Tristen had a good time playing outside with the wind. Tristen was actually pretty nervous about being out there and kept telling us to go inside in between spurts of running up and down the street in the wind (too many tornado documentaries for this little guy, I guess).
They put this stroller rain protector over themselves as they ran to keep the misting rain from getting on them.
Kalvin kept throwing it up to see how far it would blow away.
Lots of blowing leaves!
Give me your hurricane face, Kalvin!
This evening I went out to get a couple shots of the swift moving clouds.
And the boys soon followed with the glowsticks they found.















What GREAT pictures ! Apparently you guys just made history and so it better be included in your blog . David and I were looking at these pictures and the pictures of the fast moving clouds made David remember the hurricanes from his mission . He said he had never seen clouds move so fast as they do during a hurricane. If you have a video I would love to see it .
ReplyDelete