DAellsworths

Friday, July 6, 2012

June-2nd half

So, when we got back to Albany and pulled up to our house, I laughed out loud and then almost hid my head in shame that our grass had got so out of control! Seriously. It was over 2 feet tall in some places. In 3 weeks. I was talking to my mom about it. And she laughed saying, "You know, if we left our grass in AZ for 3 weeks, we'd come back to dirt."




 Duane almost mowed it that night (at 8PM), but he waited till the next day. Tristen got to help him.

 And Kalvin followed along. Kalvin has really been such a great brother to Tristen. He is so good at letting Tristen do things when he'd rather do them. He's so good to explain to Tristen what to do (without doing it himself) and then letting Tristen do it. Here is one example of Kalvin letting Tristen do something that he would probably have like to have done.

 Tristen taking the reigns.
 And William enjoying the new grass. I can never pick just one picture...

 We didn't have fresh food so we made a trip to the store the next day as well. William got to sit in the cart all by himself for the first time. He loved it!
 Still trying to get back onto the Albany time sched. Both babies sleeping at Lowes.
One day during Quiet Time (which is about 2 hours every afternoon now), I turned on Beauty and the Beast (Disney version) for the boys. They'd never seen it. Apparently, Tristen thought it was scary.
 Willy's first time in the Cosy Coupe. He loved it! I watched him closely
 while he studied the steering wheel
 and just enjoyed being a big boy to sit in it.
 then I ran inside for something (less than 30 seconds) and came out to find William on the ground screaming.
 A hug helped him feel a little better.
 (insert Fathers day pics from 5DMII)


 Our trip to AZ was amazing! We love our families! I know I will miss Albany though too (when we move in less than a year!!!!!). I will miss the incredible people I've got to know and work with. I know that this time in our small family's life will be one that I will miss without words to describe. I have grown so much as a person, spiritually, and emotionally, not really sure that the physical part of me has seen to much positive growth (though, being pregnant can be seen as a positive growth if looked at in the right aspect). There are some very strong members in the church out here and I never would have guessed that such caring and thoughtful people could come from Albany, New York! Our Branch President (who was just called in May of this year, while we were in Arizona and was previously the 1st counselor, with whom I worked very closely with for the year I've been the primary president), is from Albany. He owns a dry cleaner shop across the street from the mall. His wife is in the Stake Relief Society Presidency. I visit teach her. I love her faith. She is one that it seems every time I talk to her, I walk away feeling like a better person because she just makes me feel that way. She has touched so many peoples lives.
The two counselors I have in primary, are great examples to me of living in-tune and spiritual lives. One counselors husband is just starting his first year as an anesthesia resident at the same hospital as Duane (they've lived her for 4 years now since they did school here as well) and the other counselor is from Germany and her husband is in law school AND doing a business degree at the same time. Her father in law was just called to be a 70's member at the last General Conference.
Living here in Albany, I have learned so much from the people I associate with and counsel with and love.
Someday (in a year from now) I want to live near family. I want my kids to have a great kinship to their cousins and I want to have great relationships with my siblings and sibling-in-laws.
I want to move back to Arizona to a great ward. A place where my boys will find good friends. A place where I am not drawn into living a materialistic lifestyle because all my neighbors are. I want to work in a ward where we work together to help our community and those who need fellowshipping. I want to live by people who like to be adventurous and to have fun with their families. I want to live in a ward that is like the Albany 2nd Branch.
It's asking a lot, I know. I'm praying that we can find the perfect balance for our family's needs.

A couple weekends ago, we had the groundbreaking for the new church building that is being built for the branch! It was a great ceremony. The word is that the building will be finished in 11 months. I am hoping that we get a least one Sunday in the new building, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high.

The Turner sisters were asked to be the greeters at the ceremony. We love them! So does Kalvin (and it's not just because they give him candy at the end of church each Sunday, though I'm sure that helps too).
 Nathan Perry put together 2 beautiful musical numbers.
 I think the missionaries put together this table display. It had many handouts.
 President McGreevy welcoming everyone.
 In the center are Elder and Sister Walker.
   

  


 It was hard for the kids to sit for the 30 minute ceremony. Thankfully behind the chairs of people, they didn't disturb too many as they ran around chasing each other.

 Duane had a dinner for work, but was nice enough to skip it so that he could be the babysitter while I took pictures (since Brother McGreevy asked me to).
  

  
 President Standish; the Stake President. I've heard that he's from Mesa, AZ.

  
Silly Daddy. 
 President McGreevy called a few of us up there to be apart of the "groundbreaking". Even Lucas got to help out. (Lucas and Tristen are great buddies!)  
Just after we shoveled one scoop, I looked over and saw Tristen with dirty tears streaming down his face. He felt out that he wasn't apart of it so we let him come have a try. 
 That lasted a moment and then the kids found the huge dirt hill! 


 Brother Blanchard, the grey haired man on the left, was in charge of putting together a history of the area and the Branch. All the way to the beginnings of the branch. I'm pretty sure that Duanes grandfather was apart of the branch when it was first organized in the 1930's. It was on 69 Pearl St. in Albany. 

 I snapped this picture of the missionaries with Edson Appleton.
  

Duane, what a great man he is. Father's Day was fairly low key this year. After just getting back from a huge trip back West, we gave some small treats to Daddy for fathers day and then dinner that night with a friend over.
 Willy got to wear the bows from the gifts the boys wrapped.
Sommer and her girls came over for dinner since Yashar was on call at the hospital.  Tristen was in charge of setting the kiddie table. He took great pride in this chore making sure everyone had the proper eating pieces.
Sommer brought this beautiful cake. It was as delicious as it is beautiful. 
Though it was simply a choc. cake with white frosting.
Our neighbors had their huge tree cut down! It was kind of sad to see it go. There was a big rotten spot in the middle, but still looked to be flourishing.  Still not sure if it was ordered by the city to be cut down or if the neighbor requested it.
April sent me this vinyl over a year ago. Finally got it on the car! It looks pretty good!
My big boys helping to get the recycling out.
 My little minion. 
What do you do on the hotest day of the year (like 95 outsides). Play hopscotch on your dining room floor! 
Or go outside to the slip and slide that Grandma Ellsworth got for Tristen! 
(We've used it a handful of times already)
Tristen is airborne! He kind of had a harder time figuring out how to slide on the plastic instead of just jumping straight down on it, but you know what? He was as happy as could be!



 We had mammoth sunflowers last year that grew to be at least 8 feet tall. I think some of the seeds fell and grew this spring.





 Typical. One boy falls and gets hurt then the other laughs at him.
 Sometimes Kalvin gets ahold of our point and shoot camera to do a little documenting of our family life.





 Found this idea on pintrest.com

Noodle. Poke holes in it with large nails. Duct tape one end. Plug the hose in the other end. Fun.
 limbo, limbo, limmmbo!





 Duane get it a try too.



And a few straggler pics from my phone.
 Roasting mini marshmallows on the stove. (Kalvin's idea)
 Putting googly eyes on our eyes. Kals idea.


1 comment:

  1. I love your little minion! Grandma Barbara is the best at shopping for slip n' slides :) Brighton & Adaira take turns buying one every spring on their birthday shopping trip with her. So do we get to be the family that gets to live by you when you come back? I have checked out the wards in that area and from what I'm hearing they are awesome, with lots of kids!

    ReplyDelete