DAellsworths

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Finishing up March

 With an extra room downstairs now, we converted it into a play room. Well, I got a little organized and bought some organizing bins on Craigslist. You can't see it but there are about 10 more large boxes in the room that have labeled bins as well. It feels good to have that room a little less thrown together.
  Kalvin and Tristen LOVE their friend, Sonnet! In March she turned 5 and had a fun birthday party at a bowling alley. So cool! It was a blast for all of us! We had been wanting to go bowling with the kids for a few weeks before we found out about the party, but we didn't want to pay the $$ for it. The boys couldn't have been happier! And Tristen won, hands down. Of course, there were bumpers and we did help to position the slide the ball went down...










 
 Tristen's excited for the cake and took some girls chair to get a little closer.


 One night, we took a package of hot dogs, our portable grill and went to the park to have a picnic dinner and for Duane to teach Kalvin how to ride his bike without training wheels. In about 10 minutes time, Kalvin had it down pat! I've always known that Duane was a good teacher, but that coupled with Kalvin's skills, made for easy training. When we got home, we tried it on the side walk instead of  the big parking lot and found that it's a lot harder to ride on the narrow sidewalks that have big bumps. A couple more trips to the park and I think the training wheels will be off for good.


 My face is slimming down a little bit. I have about 16 more pounds to lose before we get to Az though! At least, that's the goal I've set for myself, to be at my prepregnancy weight before we get there. That will have been 4.5 months. I gained almost 60 pounds being pregnant. Ugh! Next time, I'm definitely going to work harder at not gaining so much because it's really annoying!
 I had a bunch of videos of it on my camera and then I deleted them all! Darn!
 I had to laugh a the big eyes from William. On the way home from the park, Kalvin had the camera and was looking at pictures and then he took a few of William. It was kind of getting dark, so the flash was scaring him.


1 comment:

  1. Go Kalvin! You can go so much faster without training wheels, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete