DAellsworths

Monday, December 26, 2011

Attic Update

We are getting carpet tomorrow! I can hardly believe it! There is still a lot to finish up the attic even after working today from 9:30AM to 5:30 PM we still need to paint some before we go to bed, Duane needs to finish putting down some screws into the OSB and in the morning I need to make sure there is a clear path for the men to get the 12' carpet up the stairs. This will be interesting to see how they get it up there.
So, for Christmas I asked for a new vaccuum. Duane got me a great vaccuum, indeed! It's no Kirby (in price), but I am more than pleased with it's performance. It is a Miele Salsa. It's amazing how much dirt we've captured in the bag just by vacuuming our suede sofa's and one 6'X9' rug. There has been so much junk stuck down in the carpet in Kalvin's room. I had no idea how bad our shop vac was (that's the vacuum I've been using the last 4-5 months since we only had three rugs and the rest is hard wood).
Notice the painted walls in the pictures done by the Jessee's with their paint sprayer.
I have full intentions of starting my move up on Wednesday. The carpet crew said they'd be done by tomorrow evening, then Duane and I will put in the closet rods and a couple shelves and then Wednesday I will start moving our clothes up. Duane will be working a 24 hour shift on Wednesday and will be home Thursday (the same day my mom comes into town). By that evening we should have our bed up there and my mom will have a twin mattress to sleep on in what is now our room. Busy. Busy. In just one week from this Thursday I will be induced at 41 weeks. Hopefully I go that long so I have plenty of time to get my house ready for this baby we still don't have a name for...
I am so excited for my mom to be out here! I know she's going to be a great help and motivator to get things ready for the little one.
Hopefully before the baby comes I will make time to post pictures of the carpet upstairs. And our closets full of our clothes and our bed. It will be great to be up there! :-)

Here is the bathroom this morning just before I started moving stuff in (so the carpet guys can't charge us for moving anything). Duane has been able to get all the OSB down in the bathroom, he got some more framing done and plumbing since the last post of pictures.


Then tonight after I filled it all up :-) Okay, Duane helped with the love sac and the sink...

 While I was busy filling up the bathroom, Duane was busy putting up bead board, mudding, throwing more screws down on the OSB, and getting some more frame work on some of the closets; all together a lot of work.
 The boys were up there tonight as I was taking pictures of it all cleaned up (I should have taken before pictures of the outside of the bathroom). You can see the boys are fighting over the helicopter and controller.



 Duane had some finishing touches to make upstairs after our break to make a fire outside with leftover OSB and the boys brought up his tablet to watch a show together on the naked love sac (I'm washing the cover since it's SOOO dirty). I couldn't help but take a few pictures of them being cute together.


 
 The boys love sitting one on each foot while Duane or I try to walk around. After a long day of working upstairs and going up and down the stairs, dragging them along was a little more difficult than usual, but they still enjoyed the ride even if it was more of a shuffle and me taking actual steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment