So, the next few blog posts will be out of order, but I've really been wanting to update you all on the attic (and a few peeps have asked for it). So, I'm happy to show what Duane has been working so hard on: our someday master suite!
You know, it's interesting because as much work as this construction is, I'm thinking I'm really going to miss the time we spend up there as a family (not that we're close to being finished--I'm hoping that by fall we will be sleeping up there). It's so darn cute seeing the boys want to work so hard and Duane is so good to be extra patient and to help them learn how the different tools work.
Here the boys are working to dig away at the thick foam insulation so that Duane can put up some 2X4's for framing. They LOVE to help whenever they can.
We've been working in the attic... all the live long day... (seriously, all day!)
It's cute that the boys are wearing glasses, but in all seriousness it's out of necessity, not necessarily adorableness. Just moments before this shot of Tristen, he dinged himself just under the eye with the sharp end of the hammer. You can see here, Tristen is testing his glasses just like Duane showed him after first putting them on him.
Kalvin is ALWAYS right in on the action and listening as Duane explains his process for each step.
Tristen is getting better with a broom.
So, I feel torn. I can hardly wait to have the space up there finished! I have so many plans for how I'm going to re-arrange my house after it's finished and I'm planning on ALLLLLL my family coming to visit once it's finished (each at separate times). I also feel like we are building so many great memories together in the process of working together and the boys are learning hard work and how to use their hands and tools. On the other hand, I feel like I'll still be able to find projects around the house to work on (though none will be this extensive and fulfilling).





Wow, Angie! The work, time and family togetherness for this project is beyond what I imagined! Truly, you will have great memories come from this! Your addition is going to be wonderful for you! I am very happy for you.
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Mom