DAellsworths

Monday, November 1, 2010

Liberty Ridge Farm



I guess I should get this post up (I've been working on it for about a week now...)
Duane had a couple days off after the kids and I got back from AZ, so we made a trip to Liberty Ridge Farm. It was a 45 minute drive (though very scenic and beautiful). I went there last year with some friends from the branch (though looking back I didn't ever blog about it, bummer). It cost $8.50 per person though 2 and under were free. Considering all the things they offer, it's really a good deal. They had everything from pig races, to animal petting areas, to what looked like a restored chicken coop filled with dried corn pieces for the kids to swim in, to corn mazes, pumpkin picking, hay rides, bike go-karts, and a sweet, underground slide that came down a big hill! There are other things, too, but for you Arizona readers, you'll just have to visit to get the full effect. :-)

We first hit up the pig races (though I didn't get any pictures of the actual pigs...). They had three races and for each race they gave one dress-up pig nose to every group. Since the only people in our group was our family we got a few noses. Kalvin was a bit hesitant at first to wear it, but after Duane and I showed him how cool it was, he decided to give it a try. Most of these pictures were taken after we got back in the car to go home. Only Duane was the real go-getter to wear it for at the farm.
 
Sometimes I'm weird.
Kalvin really wasn't sure what to think of this cow though he was definitely intrigued by it.

 Doesn't this handsome little guy fit in so well with his overalls and plaid shirt?

So, here are some shots from the big hill slide. The first time Tristen went down was with Duane and somehow they were separated and Tristen came down on his back, head first (as seen in the picture on the far left). The whole way down, I could hear a vibrating cry as Tristen's head bounced on the rivets of this large tube slide. Poor little guy... But it didn't stop him! He made several more rounds on the slide before the day was over.

Kalvin LOVED this slide!
 
 Because Daddy is the favorite, he gets to give all the shoulder rides. :-)

About 20 minutes after we arrived, it seemed all the Day Care kids left and took with them all the long lines for rides. It was perfect Wednesday Fall morning.

 Kalvin could not get enough of these go-kart bikes and Duane said it was a good workout.
 Soon after going for a ride with Duane, Kalvin found some go-kart bikes his own size. Perfect! He rode around and around several times since there weren't any other kids waiting to go.
 

Burying each other in the corn coop.
Tristen was pushing this Tonka Truck up and down the sand hill, so Duane put him inside for a ride. He definitely enjoyed it,
 The life-size hamster/person wheel.
Bee's. 


What?... 
I dunno either.
 But I do know that we love each other!
"Boys Will Be Boys".
  He always seems to wear this shirt on just the right day. (Acutally, he could probably wear it every day).

Playing in and burying each other in the Corn Coop. I should have thought twice than to let them bury me. I had corn ALL inside my clothes. I was shaking my clothes for about 5 minutes trying to get it all out. And I thought I'd got it all, but actually while getting ready for bed that night, I was taking my clothes off to put on my PJ's and about a dozen corn kernels fell to the ground. Duane looked over at me and shook his head, then a few days later, I was doing our laundry and as I transferred the clothes from the washer to the dryer several more corn kernels fell the the floor. I joked with Duane that we were going to find popcorn in the dryer.
We picked out 1 large pumpkin and 3 small ones, paying 46cents a pound (I believe). The boys had a great time finding the perfect one for themselves.

I look forward to our visit here next year. I wanna go again already! Anyone wanna come the second week of October 2011??... ;-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Man you are going to miss all of the attractions when you get back to AZ. It's so fun to have new places to explore (that also happen to be BEautiful!). I'm envious... Looks like tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, what a fun day! I would love to come next time. I would bury myself in the corn and love finding pieces fall to the ground that night, ride the slide, pet the farm animals, jump from picnic tables, watch the bees, wear a pig nose, run in a life-size hampster wheel, and pedal a go cart. Although, I wasn't with you this year as I read and looked at these pictures I imagined the whole thing with you and in and of itself that was a real joy!
    Love always and forever,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete