DAellsworths

Monday, November 9, 2009

I've been a blog slacker, but for good reason, right?...

Today, Duane and I may have found the house we'll live in for the next 4 years and actually put in an offer tonight to buy it! Actually, the house felt different than all the others we'd walked through. It just felt like home. I'd heard it so many times before, "you'll know when you walk in". We had looked at other homes where the numbers looked good (as far as it working for us financially), but the feeling just wasn't there. (now I really hope the offer goes through, though our agent spoke with the selling agent tonight and it sounded fairly promising)

If you'd like, here's a link to the house: http://www.coldwellbankerprime.com/Property/NY/12208/Albany/34_MARWOOD_ST

Look past the clutter and outdated kitchen (that has no dishwasher... lol) and actually when you add in the "unfinished" walk up attic and the "unfinished" basement it's much larger.

We have spent many hours looking at homes online, as well as touring the inside. Our friend, Joyce Pruett, who is an independent Broker and in the Ward (we're in the Branch), has been ever so helpful with the "home-buying" process. It's estimated that closing will take 6 weeks. That puts us at closing two days before Christmas! We couldn't think of a better way to spend the holiday, than in our own home! If it all works out as planned, we'll return from our AZ vacation and sign the final closing papers 2 days later which is 3 days before our lease is up in the apartment. Could it really work out so perfectly?

I totally meant to take pictures, but completely forgot amidst Kalvin wanting to pretend he was having breakfast with the china dishes and running with the shot glasses around the house to both he and Tristen having poopy diapers!

The neighborhood is amazing, and it's less than 1.5 miles to work so Duane will be able to ride the bike (actually, it'd probably be faster by bike since he won't have to park in the huge parking garage, instead he'll ride straight up to the front door. Nice...) And to Mom Ellsworth, it's a very resell-able home in its prime location, decent taxes, and the upgrades we're going to add.

*fun side-feature* it has neat old-fashioned locks and keys.

More pics to come!!!

3 comments:

  1. That would be GREAT! Wow I feel like I haven't talked to you forever. How exciting Angie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Are you going to finish the unfinished space (for visitors maybe :))? It looks like a cute little house. I CANNOT believe how high the taxes are there in NY! Your tax bill is only a couple hundred lower than ours for our house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duane has so many ideas for this house! The attic will definitely be one of the first things we work on (to insulate and finish it).

    ReplyDelete